So as usual, my girl child had to make me look like a dumb-ass.
All that worrying and stressing I did yesterday? Little punk (said with much love) decided to Bend it like Beckham last night. Played almost the whole game, kicked the ball several times ON PURPOSE and even volunteered to take corner kicks. Anyone who knows how shy Allie is knows how big a deal it is for her to volunteer for anything in public.
She informed me last night that she had "100 barrels of fun" at soccer.
One of those life lessons I'm trying to learn along the way here--that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar and sometimes a bad day at soccer is just a bad day at soccer, and not an indication that there is either something wrong with my child or something wrong with my parenting. I remember a 1000 times growing up my Mom telling me to take a deep breath and relax. Maybe it's time I finally tried that!
No comments:
Post a Comment