Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Just Write Something

I've been slacking lately, and I feel like I should just write something.

Kyle has decided that I don't need sleep. He's waking me up every night. Twice he's climbed in with me, only to wet my bed. He's had a rough week and I'm assuming it's a delayed reaction to his surgery. He woke me up again at 12:30 a.m. and I took him to the bathroom, laughed as he stumbled around like a little drunk trying to pull his pants up and then tucked him back into bed. Just as I was ready to get back to my room, he sat up and gave me a big kiss on the cheek and a high-five. He's really a cute little guy. He's lucky.

I'm trying to decide if Allie read for me this morning. I had an envelope that said "Girl Scout Money" on it and she read it this morning. I don't think I told her what it said earlier and she claimed she read it. It's not going to be long before she's smarter than I am.

Have you ever seen 2 kids fight over a guinea pig? Allie was holding our piggie last night and Kyle wanted her. I didn't let them actually physically fight over her, but it was cute. The poor thing looked stressed out.

Our cat Cleo is more like a dog than a cat. She demands affection at all times, loves to be rough-housed with and is constantly underfoot. Freddie is more like a normal cat, shows up when she's hungry, wants petted occasionally, if she decides we are worthy of petting her and then disappears for hours at a time (or mis-appears, as Kyle says).

Allie informed me at bedtime 2 nights ago that she was supposed to write up a list of all the rectangles in our house. She and David scurried around to find them all yesterday morning and she told me last night she found the most. I hope she doesn't intend to always leave her homework for morning. First thing in the morning is NOT my best time of day.

I was on a roll last night when we got home from soccer and I got my house all cleaned up. That's pretty good for me on a Tuesday. Thursday night we have soccer AND Girl Scouts, so we'll be home late. But that's okay. It's for a good cause. Allie's really enjoying both and we only have 2 soccer games left. She's pretty sure she's going to play again this spring, and also do T-ball.

Kyle almost convinced Allie's coach to put him in the game the other day. He can't wait to play something.

There. It's random nothingness, but I wrote something.

No comments:

Post a Comment