Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's going too fast

My little girl, my first baby, is growing up too quickly for my liking.

One minute she was a crabby, never-sleeping, grumpy baby and now she's a high-energy, never-sleeping, occasionally grumpy 5 year old. She started school without any drama (she loves it so much, she gets mad when the weekends get here). She's playing soccer (she scored a goal for the other team last night, but it was technically her first goal!) and doing Daisy Scouts and has lost 2 of her baby teeth.

She got her first chapter book the other day and was thrilled. She wanders around the house spelling words for us.

She's still my little girl--she still crawls in with me when she has a bad dream and still wants to snuggle with me in my chair when she doesn't feel good. But she's turning into her own independent person. Which is awesome, don't get me wrong. I'm proud of the little lady she's turning in to. And I can't wait to watch her come in to her own as she grows up. I just want time to slow down, just a tiny little bit. I feel like I'm going to blink and suddenly have a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment