Friday, October 8, 2010

Motherhood

I'm back after a child-induced hiatus.

Kyle crawled in with me Tuesday night. I know someday my kids won't want to snuggle with me, so I let him. All was well until he threw up on me and my half of the bed. Those moments were never covered in What to Expect When You're Expecting.

Then yesterday was Kyle's big dental surgery. Somehow his teeth are a freaking mess. They ended up pulling 4 teeth, putting on 3 crowns and doing one filling. They sedated him for all of this, of course. No 3 year old is going to sit still for all of that. No 30 year old could do all that at one time.

Kyle woke up babbling like a sentimental drunk. And no, there's no video. I was too busy trying to keep him from flopping out of my arms and onto the floor. The first words out of his mouth were "I want McDonald's." Then he complained about not having any teeth and then he repeatedly demanded a milkshake. We got him one on the way home and then he had a fit because we took him out in public in his pajamas.

By the time we got home he was back in action and ready to roll. He looks like an ornery little vampire.

No comments:

Post a Comment