So today I did something I rarely do. I did weight-lifting at the gym.
I realize it's Wellworks and it's full of retirees mostly, but I always still feel like a dumb-ass when I'm lifting weights. I feel dumb doing it at home, but then it's only the kids and the cats watching me. And my basement isn't encased in mirrors like the gym.
But part of this whole healthy-me thing means that I need a well-rounded routine. Plus I probably need to start thinking about bone health and all that other middle-aged woman crap.
So I lifted my weights. The first set of 10 on everything felt really good. I felt tough and empowered. I decided that if I can't shut Nancy up, maybe I'll just kick her ass. Beat her into submission.
The second set around felt good, but I felt a little less tough. Obviously it's been a little while since I lifted the weights. My Achilles heel is apparently my right shoulder, which is seriously weak.
The third and final set was brutal. My legs not so much, but my sissy-girl upper body was NOT happy with me. I'm a little worried about my ability to wash and dry my hair tomorrow morning! But I'm moving on with my little project and I feel good about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment