So here we are at exactly 50 weeks to my 40th birthday. Time to get working on the fitness and health component of my self-improvement journey. Probably my least favorite part, honestly.
I like food. Specifically I like food that isn't helpful in maintaining an ideal weight. Pasta, pizza, chocolate and french fries. Man I do love french fries. But french fries are a large part of the reason I'm sitting here today in old-lady elastic waist fat pants.
So I did my first official weigh-in. 151 pounds. Sigh. I did so good last year and got down to the 130s and said "goodbye forever" to the 150s. Yet here we are again. You tall people are thinking "151 isn't so bad!" But my 151 is spread out over a towering 61.5 inches of height. So yeah, it's too high.
Throw in the fact that my grandmother and my dad are both Type 2 diabetics, and add in the gestational diabetes I had when I was pregnant with Kyle, and there's another really good reason to get my butt in gear.
I'm so pissed at myself, because I seem to keep losing and gaining this same 20 pounds over and over and over again. I just need to remember that I'm not a teenager anymore. My metabolism has slowed to a snail's pace and I need to make some corrections.
Anyone who knows me knows I'm not going to say "As God is my witness, I'll never eat cake again!" Because I do love cake. But I can have ONE slice of cake once in awhile. I can have fries, pizza, m&ms whatever once in awhile. Not everyday.
I did make it downstairs yesterday for a good 1-hour workout. I tossed on season 1 of Supernatural and did 30 on the treadmill and 30 of strength training. Enough to get me pack on track without overdoing and injuring myself. I'm still working on my 100 workouts at the gym before June 30 (I can get a free one-year membership that way).
It's a process and I need to remind myself of that. I have a couple of really good reasons to make it work this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment