Sometimes I hate being female.
Although I noticed that one of side benefits of working out and watching what I ate the last 2 weeks meant a serious decrease in the PMS.
I hate PMS. For me, PMS means insomnia lasting anywhere from 2-5 days. And mood swings so bad I make Belletrix Lestrange look like Mary Poppins. And bloating--we won't even go into the bloating. We'll just say that I'm grateful for fat pants and elastic waists.
Nancy loves PMS. She loves to point out all my flaws and shortcomings. Like last night, when Allie jumped on me and it hurt. I didn't scream and yell, but I was a little harsher with her than I probably needed to be and Nancy reminded me how mean I am. This morning I didn't have a paper sack for Allie's sack lunch for her field trip and Nancy liked to point out what a crappy Mom I am. How could I forget paper bags? Allie's talked about this field trip for weeks.
This month was much better than usual, which was nice. No insomnia at all, which is almost unheard of. The bloat is minimal (although I'm still wearing elastic waist pants because they are comfy and I don't care!). The mood swings are more moderate--I'm still up and down, but it's smaller peaks and valleys.
I need to remind myself of this when I start to slack. There are a lot of mental health benefits to taking better care of myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment