Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I'm feeling good today

I've been enjoying everyone's Things I'm Thankful for on Facebook. I haven't done it myself, but it's nice to sit back and think about things like that every once in awhile.

I'm actually feeling good today. I'm mostly over my cold, the kids mostly cooperated with me this morning. It's a beautiful sunny fall day, and I love fall days. That nice crisp cool weather mixed with the sun and all the gorgeous colors we get here in Ohio this time of year.

Kyle has done so well since his surgery and his appetite has finally picked up. He had 5 chicken nuggets and 6 pizza rolls for dinner last night. Not the healthiest dinner, I admit, but this is a kid who would occasionally have one yogurt for dinner and call it good. He's also just a super-clown, and makes me laugh constantly. Last night while the kids were going to sleep, he would decide it was too quiet and would just randomly yell out "underpants!" to make everyone laugh.

Allie Rae is moving up to a new reading group at school. She got pulled out with 4 others from her class to work with a reading teacher because she was ahead of the others. Now she's moving up from that group into another group that is ready for more work. She's taken to school like a duck takes to water. She brought home a card last night because she got all her lower-case letters right and she got to pick a prize out of the prize box.

David is settling in to his new job--he got a promotion at work recently and it loving his new job. Hopefully the raise that came with it will help us catch up on all the medical bills. Between David's appendix this summer and Kyle's teeth, we have some bills coming in. But we luckily found a credit card with zero interest until next fall, so we can put everything on there and then pay it off before we owe any interest.

I'm thankful that we still have all 4 of our parents with us. My dad and my mother-in-law have had health problems the last few years, but they are both still kicking around and enjoying life. My dad is retiring at the end of the year and my Mom is enjoying her retirement as well.

There are so many things I'm thankful for and these are just a few. I may have to come back to this topic again this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment