Tuesday, November 23, 2010

43 weeks to go--A day late and a dollar short

Starting weight: 151
Today's weight: 147.8

Sigh. Going the wrong direction. I have a major bad attitude about it all right now. I'm really glad I set myself a long-term goal so that I can take my time and not let these little setbacks ruin everything for me.

I need to refocus and start counting calories again. Especially on weekends. Counting calories is mind-blowingly tedious, but it's also the only thing that has ever worked for me as far as weight loss is concerned. I went to the gym yesterday and I'll go again today. I need to set time aside for working out over the holiday. I'm not going to count calories at our Thanksgiving meal with my in-laws, because that would be annoying, but I'm also going to try to not over-stuff myself.

I just need to accept the fact that my metabolism has changed and I need to adjust the way I eat and do things. I'm never going to be 100 pounds again, but I need to make some adjustments for the sake of my health, my kids and my happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment