Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mid-Week update

SO far, without jinxing myself, it's going really well.

I haven't had a single diet pop--or any pop--since Saturday. The DTs are finally gone and I've noticed a pleasant benefit to all of this. My appetite is down. I had read the studies that said diet pop actually makes you hungrier. I really am starting to believe it. I'm not saying I don't get hungry sometimes, but it's really interesting. I used to be starving again about 2 hours after dinner, but I haven't had an evening snack all this week. I've built one into my diet plan, but I haven't needed it.

David and I have both noticed that we have a lot more energy and have been in better moods since we started eating healthier. I'm not saying I'll never eat junk food again, but maybe I can remind myself how much better I feel when I'm taking care of myself and make those rare treats actually both rare and treats, rather than an excuse to binge on a bunch of stuff that isn't good for me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment