I just realized that I'm less than a year away from 40. How did that happen to me? 40 happens to other people. OLD people. I'm still young. I have a 3 and 5 year old at home. 40 year olds have teenagers, for crying out loud!
It also hit me as a careen towards the nursing home that there are some things in my life I'm not terribly happy about. I'm 20 pounds overweight. I have a meaningless job that bores me to tears. I know I could be a better wife and a much better mother. My house is a disaster most of the time.
So instead of wallowing in despair, I've decided to spend the next year shaking things up a little. Taking care of myself. Working on being a better partner, parent and friend. Thinking about escaping the safe little cocoon of my office and finding something I really love. Writing more. As you can tell from the start here, my writing skills are fairly rusty, but I did have some at one point. I did, I swear.
So here's to the next 50 weeks and 5 days. I've been in a funk lately, but I got this idea while I was on the dreaded elliptical machine at lunchtime today and I haven't been able to get it out of my head. Hopefully it's a good idea. Hopefully I don't drive myself and everyone around me crazy while I decide what I want to be when I grow up.
I don't think your writing skills are that rusty! You are awesome to set goals. I should set some too. : P
ReplyDelete